At least 6 Americans in Congo were exposed to Ebola virus, sources say

At least six Americans were exposed to Ebola virus in the Democratic Republic of Congo, sources with international aid organizations told CBS News, although it was unclear if any had been infected.

Three of the Americans faced a high-risk contact or exposure, the sources said, and one was symptomatic. It wasn’t immediately clear whether the Americans are still in Congo. The health news organization STAT was first to report on the exposures.

The World Health Organization this week declared the Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda a “public health emergency of international concern.” At least 80 suspected deaths have been reported, the WHO said Saturday.

There were more

This post was originally published on this site

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top